Related Articles


Related Categories

Recently Added


Join Today

It's always free and anyone can join!

Watch StudyUp Demo Video Now

Meaning Of Vocational Education

Chester Said:

what is the meaning of vocational education?

We Answered:

Vocational education or Vocational Education and Training (VET), also called Career and Technical Education (CTE), prepares learners for jobs that are based in manual or practical activities, traditionally non-academic and totally related to a specific trade, occupation or vocation, hence the term, in which the learner participates. It is sometimes referred to as technical education, as the learner directly develops expertise in a particular group of techniques or technology.

In the United States, vocational education varies from state to state. Roughly 70 percent of all postsecondary technical and vocational training is provided by proprietary (privately owned) career schools. The remaining 30 percent is provided primarily by two-year community colleges, which also offer courses transferable to four-year universities, military technical training, and government-operated adult education centers. Several states operate their own institutes of technology which are on an equal accreditational footing with other state universities.

Daryl Said:

what is the meaning of vocational and professional education?

We Answered:

"Vocational" usually refers to education for the trades, which could include plumbing, welding, construction, for example. Such jobs are often refered to as "blue collar" jobs. Often such education is at a community college or technical or voacational school.

"Professional" education usually refers to education for professional jobs, which could include law, medicine, teaching, etc. Such jobs are often referred to as "white collar" jobs, and such education usually takes place at a university.

Hope this helps.

Discuss It!

1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Windows 7 support now said:

It is nice to know about the meaning and purpose of vocational schools. These schools were set up in the village areas to uplift the technical skills of the children from a rural background. It was good to hear about the courses related to these.

buy assignment said:

Vocational education help students to enhance their skills and knowledge that is vital for great career.

buy dissertation proposal uk said:

It's a nice to description for this awesome post vocational educational training and develop career in technical education.

write my thesis said:

Vocational education, also known as career and technical education or technical and vocational education and training is education that prepares people for specific trades, crafts and careers at various levels from a trade, a craft, technician.

business studies coursework help said:

vocational education encourages self reliance which reduces the rate of unemployment which contributes to economic development.

research paper editing said:

Amazing information shared in this blog. Thanks for this informative post.

buy online votes said:

Your social new changes make a great look at chance providing areas to mark the terms in right position using all area power section.

eye floaters treatment diet said:

Easy transactions from the basic steps will accept familiar touches with sensible mark value.

how to cure diabetes said:

Your all new selected versions will follow your system park with solution set with the land mark fortune.

how to get facebook likes said:

The central actions and session pedal rides with the connections row to the fabulous new entry keys on the board.

buy cheap assignment online UK said:

yeah! that's helps allot, but if i buy assignment online? do you think its good idea?

chiropractor riverdale said:

Its really great to have your post, amazingly done

buy assignment online said:

I always have really problem with researching while completing my paper, its helpful stuff you got here! thanks

Pro Essay Writer said:

I'm remarkably heartened by your writing skills and also a precise taste speaking of the form in your site. Continue the good writing, it is unusual to look at such great web site like this today.

Pro Essay Writer said:

<a href="">pro essay writer</a>

buy online votes said:

It's a nice to description for this awesome post vocational educational training and develop career in technical education.

Do My Research Paper said:

Amazing information shared in this blog. Thanks for this informative post. <a href="">Do My Research Paper</a>

Essay writing service by said:

It was excellent.I found a lot of informative stuff in your post keep it up thank you.

write my assignment for me said:

i appreciate this completely. You want to wipe out all the rubbish in the world.

clash of clans cheats said:

I love playing clash of clans all the time so I have searched out clash of clans hack tool.